Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Defense Against the Dark Arts

“Lord Voldemort’s gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust.” - Albus Dumbledore

Can you remember a time when after pulling yourself up out of the muck and more of feeling bad, you have found the joy of doing and feeling good, only to have someone or something bad push you back down into the mud?

Last week, I have been up in spirits. I am very optimistic that all will be well soon. I didn't give self-limiting beliefs and negative thoughts a chance to take over the way I look at life. I blessed everything, everyone. I was so happy. This morning, I was even happier and all giddy when my headhunter texted me telling me that she has something for me and that she super recommended me to this US multinational company. The senior exec called me up in the evening to sched a meeting. Meeing agad? Well, what the heck, eto na to! Suddenly, all my hopes were shattered when Issa told me to do some research because I might have been duped. So took her advice, googled the name of the person who called me, and voila.... I am misled that I have been presented a great job opportunity. Networking pla in disguise of a job opportunity. I don't have any problems with MLMs, it's just that I hate it when people deceive to attract wealth, people, relationships. I hate it when people take advantage of other people's weaknesses, ignorance, misfortunes, vulnerabilities. So ayun, this person had my hopes up, only to make me fall on my face. It hurts, it only made my troubles worse. I hate feeling like this and I really want to get out of this rut.

There is a dark force, an energy, which enters life at the most inconvenient times, in very disruptive ways. Some would call it the devil, others negative energy or bad vibes. If or when this force enters our lives, we call it trouble, problem, challenge, crisis, adversity. Whatever it is, I have to be aware. When the dark force enters my life, it has only one intent: to whip my butt. That's right, the darkness is out to beat me.

Darkness is not afraid of me. Defending myself against darkness with brute force will only get us beaten up pretty badly. I want to swear at my headhunter for having misled me. But then, mapapagod lang ako. My vision will only be shattered even more.

What will I do? This time I'll have to stop proving myself to anyone.
1. I will finds depth and strength in my friends, beyond what I know
2. I will I will humble myself. I will lie down, cover my face....and then raise my voice in prayer, trusting that help is on the way. I will protect myself with prayer and trust.

Today, I am devoted to calling on the Great Defender if I am confronted by forces of darkness!

-Until Today


Share

0 comments: