Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weary In the Waiting

It’s happening again. I’m growing weary in the waiting. Why? Because it’s taking too long, and while I’m waiting others around me seem to be getting the very things I’ve been waiting for.

I had no idea back in October last year that being too comfy would wreck my world, would put me where I am without a job. Since January, I’ve been churning out resumes hoping that something is just going to plop right into my lap. Almost 3 months after, wala pa rin. Bakit ngayon pa nangyari to…sinabayan ko pa ang global crisis. Now, bills are piling up, and school opening is just around the corner. Ubos na ang savings. I am so worried, so afraid. I cry and whine. Then I cry some more. I am growing tired of waiting…almost ready to give up.

I've been lamenting about my circumstances lately and grumbled far too much, so much so that I'm beginning to loathe myself. Nahihiya na ako sa friends kasi feeling ko emotional vampire na ako. I decide that enough is enough! Someone please give me a hard knock on my head for whining so much.

Why is it so hard to wait? I have been praying and seeking His direction for what the next chapter in my life should be. I don't know what is coming, A still small voice reminds me that:

1. I’m not alone. I have a family and a handful of friends who care unconditionally.

2. God wants me to trust in Him.

3. God has BIG plans for me.

If only I could hold still in His hands, He would make something out of me.

So now, I’m waiting yet another minute, another hour, another day.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11


Share

0 comments: