Friday, May 08, 2009

Angels Among Us


"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other." -- Luciano De Crescenzo

I've thought about it for quite some time now. For me angels manifest signs that God is everywhere. I look around and find myself looking at people and events with wide eyed wonder.

We often don't stop and contemplate all the good things in life. we are all touched by angels all the time. But we perhaps are so busy being angry or hurt or wrapped up in our own problems that we just don't notice the angels around us ready to help, encourage or just give us a smile. i particularly love it when a small child (a stranger) just gives that fleeting little shy smile which you can take with you in your heart for a while, a man who offered his seat to you, or a friend who is willing to listen and let you cry on her shoulder.

Although they don’t arrive with a blast of trumpets, or appear with feathered wings and glowing halos, I've known them just the same as angels. They perform their acts in human guise, sometimes borrowing the faces of family and friends, and sometimes just posing as well-meaning strangers.

I am blessed to have angels on my side. You know who you are. Your unwavering support, friendship, and kind words are as inspiring and heartfelt as any I have known.

I've had an angel on my shoulder, for years. But it's true that all you need to do is open your eyes to see the angels that enter our lives, every day!


Share

0 comments: