Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Latest

Matthew 7:3, "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" (NIV)

I refuse to watch primetime news for more than a month now. All because of the Hayden Co circus. Hayden, I agree, wronged a lot of women, and he super offended me as well, because I too, am a woman. Yet I do believe that he doesn't deserve what the media, more so the senate is making out of this. This blog is not meant in any way to defend, offend, discuss, rehash or remark about Hayden. This is actually about me, and perhaps you who are reading this. Thinking about this really makes me pause to remember, Hayden is a person. Real person with real feelings. No amount of worldly success or popularity takes away the sting of cruelty being thrown in his direction.

Just recently, I heard from a friend that a former co-worker of mine who became the constant butt of jokes, because of his annoying attitude, is getting worse. I do get often get irritated with this guy. He would bother me with victim stories, know-it-all rants, blaming words, etc. He is most of the time a pain, as he rarely listens. He just love to rant, rant and rant. And in all honestly, (I know some people in my network would get surprised) I am bothered. There must be a deep-seated reason why he has such attitude. And that, I do not know. But I do know that this guy is struggling both in the personally and professionally.

In complete humility I'm using this event, to say a prayer for him. This is an opportunity to I look within me and reflect on my own life, issues and weaknesses. And guess what, I found myself falling short. So I am setting aside my judgement of another and pray for myself, for Hayden and for all who are struggling, including my former colleague. I do believe that as a Christian, we are accountable for each other. Making judgmental remarks, rolling our eyes, belittling someone we don't personally know or do life with in the real world is not necessary. It's totally missing the mark of what God has called us to be.

And may we always remember that the two people in question above are loved by God. He may not love their actions and He most certainly doesn't love anyone's sin, but these guys, He loves. We are loved. Totally and immensely, unfathomably and remarkably, beautifully and abundantly loved.

Dear Lord, before I start picking at the splinters that are so easy to spot in other's eyes, may I have the humility to examine the plank I don't want to see in my own eye. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Share

0 comments: