Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Monthsary

In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:6

This month, my life has been a whirlwind of changes. All of a sudden I'm expected to relearn the skills I've long forgotten, meet impossible deadlines, and do it with grace and wisdom. Moreover, I literally felt like a fish out of water fitting in the new office culture. I needed strength, courage and wisdom. And God never hesitated in giving it to me. My daily visit to the Edsa Shrine has been my source.

There is something strange in this morning's mass. From the moment I entered the church, I know there is something different. There is something different about the celebrators and the church. I myself also felt something different and I really couldn't find the words to explain. Seems there is some kind of surprise party. At the end of the mass the priest thanked everyone for being there with him to celebrate the anniversary of "whatever" (I didn't get the words as I had a bit of difficulty in understanding his English, but nevertheless he is a great priest).

As usual, I passed by the adoration chapel. I asked the Holy Spirit to calm my mind and my heart and help me listen to what God has to say. After a few minutes, deep in my heart, I heard a voice. "Isn't it your month anniversary at work?" At that very moment, I wanted to cry for joy because God has made me feel, that just like a friend, He remembers everything. He knows me, my happiness and suffering. He heeds my call and sends me signs and miracles along the way. I just had to get on my knees and thank God for every blessing that he has given me these past month.

Today, I learned something big...If we pay attention and let God be active in our life, we'll see how real He is.

Lord, Thank You for calling me by name and giving me every gift and talent that I have. I pray that You would help me to diligently use them to glorify You and others.


Share

0 comments: