Friday, September 17, 2010

If I Had My Child to Raise Again


I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later..

I would finger paint more and point the finger less.

❤ I would do less correcting and more connecting.

❤ I would take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes.

❤ I would care to know less and and know to care more.

❤ I would take more hikes and fly more kites.

❤ I would stop playing serious and seriously play.

❤ I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

❤ I would do more hugging and less tugging.

❤ I would be firm less often and affirm more often.

❤ I would build self-esteem first and the house later.

❤ I would teach less about the love of power and more about the power of love.


~ written by Dianne Loomans


I often get caught in life's fast pace, and I tend to forget to give my children words of encouragement or praise, tell them how much I love them, and sometimes it would only just take 15 seconds. :(






Share

0 comments: